- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
OCEC participates in the AAEP Avenues program. Please visit www.aaep.org/ for a full description including deadlines and application process.
OCEC is an equine exclusive hospital clinic with in house and ambulatory services. We have 27 hospital stalls, including a climate controlled intensive care unit in our main barn. We have an isolation barn, and additional stalls for extended stay/reproduction horses on the property.
Emphasis is on
2. Neonatal Care
3. Performance Horses
1. Reproduction (60%)
2. Medicine (20%)
3. Surgery (10%)
4. Performance/Lameness (10%)
The clinic is equipped with:
1. Full foaling services
2. Surgery suite, padded induction/recovery area
3. In house laboratory
4. Separate reproduction laboratory
5. Stallion collection facility
6. Lameness evaluation area
7. Digital radiography
8. Digital ultrasound
Our externship goals are to give students an in-depth exposure to the types of experience available as an Intern. The externship lasts normally between 2 and 6 weeks.
Required Prerequisites for application are
1. Completion of at least 1 year of veterinary school
2. AVMA PLIT insurance for externship
Housing is provided for students upon request.